We provide thematic research and updates on the status of regional integration and development in SADC.
We assess major developments in the region; provide an overview of sectoral and industry opportunities in the region and evaluate regional policy-making and implementation.
We provide a quarterly report tracking regional integration across the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC). Each issue aims to provide high-level and discursive analysis of regional integration in SADC and Africa more broadly. Each issue covers a specific thematic area related to regional integration and regional economic governance.
- Political Economy of Regional Integration in SADC
- Regional Value Chains and Trade in SADC
- Infrastructure Development and Financing in SADC
- Impacts of Slow Global Growth in SADC
- Impacts of Political Uncertainty on Growth in SADC
- Land Reform and Rural Transformation in SADC
- Impacts of Africa-Sino Relations on Development in SADC
- Political Conflict and Development in SADC
- Public Debt and Government Finances in SADC
- Youth Unemployment and Empowerment in SADC
- Trade and Regional Integration in SADC
- Climate Change and Adaptation in SADC
- Impacts of COVID-19 in SADC
- Tripartite Free Trade Area and SADC
- Rules of Origin in SADC
- Regional Infrastructure Development Master Plan in SADC
- Costed Action Plan for Industrialisation in SADC
- Peace, Security and Elections in SADC
- Land Governance and Restitution in SADC
- China’s Foreign Policy in Africa
- Conflict Resolution in SADC
- Public Debt Management in SADC
- Employment Tax Incentive in South Africa
- African Continental Free Trade Area and SADC
- Water Resources Management in SADC
- National Health Insurance in South Africa
See the issue on a specific thematic area of regional integration by selecting it from the list below.
PESA Regional Integration Monitor