PESA seeks to appoint 3x Research Associates. PESA Research Associates contribute current affairs and analysis to reports covering different aspects of regional integration, sector analysis, and policy or government developments across SADC.
Core duties will include, but not limited to, contributing towards PESA Regional Integration Monitor and conducting research and analysis to reports covering different aspects of regional integration, sector analysis, and policy or government developments across SADC. PESA gives preference to candidates based in Gauteng.
- Assisting with the formulation of economic papers on regional integration within SADC as part of PESA Regional Integration Monitor agenda
- Assessing political economy developments and progress toward achieving regional integration goals within SADC
- Representing PESA in public discussions about SADC and Africa-wide political economy developments, regional integration or related topics
- Participating and facilitating in PESA special projects
- At least two years’ experience within a development / economic research / policy environment
- Basic knowledge or experience in development economics, development studies, economics, history, international relations or politics
- Basic knowledge and experience in research or keen interest in multilateral political institutions like SADC, AU, EAC, COMESA etc.
- Postgraduate degree in economics, development studies, international relations, histor, politics or public policy administration
- Postgraduate degree in economics, development economics or development theory and policy will serve as an added advantage
Closing Date: 4pm SAST on Friday, 20 July 2018
To apply, complete the form below and submit your application online.