PESA seeks to appoint 5x Regional Analysts. PESA Regional Analysts contribute current affairs and analysis to reports covering different aspects of regional integration, country analysis, sector analysis, and policy or government developments across SADC.
Research by Regional Analysts covers all SADC countries which includes: Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Comoros, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. PESA work also expands beyond SADC to include Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria. Core duties will include, but not limited to, contributing towards PESA Editorials and conducting political economy reviews across various sectors and different topics related to regional integration in SADC.
- Assisting with the formulation of economic papers on regional integration within SADC as part of PESA Regional Integration Monitor agenda
- Assessing political economy developments and progress toward achieving regional integration goals within SADC
- Representing PESA in public discussions about SADC and Africa-wide political economy developments, regional integration or related topics
- Participating and facilitating in PESA special projects
- At least two years’ experience within a development / economic research / international relations and politics / policy environment
- Basic knowledge or experience in development economics, development studies, economics, history, international relations or politics
- Basic knowledge and experience in research or keen interest in multilateral political institutions like SADC, AU, EAC, COMESA etc.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, development studies, international relations, histor, politics or public policy administration
- Postgraduate degree in economics, development economics or development theory and policy will serve as an added advantage
Closing Date: 4pm SAST on Friday, 20 July 2018
To apply, complete the form below and submit your application online.