PESA seeks to appoint x3 Editing and Research Specialists. PESA Editing and Research Specialists contribute editing, professional writing and general research quality assurance.
Core duties will include, but not limited to, editing all PESA Economic Research outputs; professional writing and editing services for commissioned research; general quality assurance for all PESA publications; and professional writing capacity-building.
- Assisting with editing and quality assurance on all PESA Economic Research publications, i.e. PESA Editorials and the PESA Regional Integration Monitor
- Evaluating argumentation and coherence of all PESA publications
- Evaluating the professional writing and research skills needs within PESA
- Assisting with all internal professional writing and research capacity building programmes
- Participating and facilitating in PESA special projects
- At least four years’ experience within a development / policy / professional writing environment
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in communications, copywriting or research
- Basic knowledge or experience in development economics, development studies, economics, history, international relations or politics
- Basic knowledge and experience in research or keen interest in multilateral political institutions like SADC, AU, EAC, COMESA etc.
- Postgraduate degree in communications, development studies, economics, history, international relations, politics or public policy administration
- A master's degree in development economics, development theory and policy or economics will serve as an added advantage
Closing Date: 4pm SAST on Friday, 20 July 2018
To apply, complete the form below and submit your application online.