A combination of political instability, economic mismanagement, economic sanctions and arguably hostile relations with major developed countries, has led to a collapse of the Zimbabwean economy. Zimbabwe’s political landscape has been defined by sharp political confrontation between Zimbabwe African National Union Patriotic Front (ZANU-PF) and opposition parties, mainly the Movement for Democratic Change led by Morgan Tsvangirai (MDC-T), which has resulted in political instability.
- Political Economy Review: Looming SADC Public Debt Crisis
- Political Economy Review: South African Finance Minister Nene’s Resignation, Or Not
- Political Economy Review: South African Job Summit
- Political Economy Review: Basotho Opposition Pulls Out of SAPMIL
- Understanding the South African Stimulus Package