The Zimbabwean economy is currently experiencing severe challenges of slow economic growth, low commodity prices and drought impacts. Slow economic growth and low commodity prices are intrinsically linked, as the global downturn has brought about a situation whereby the world’s leading economies, such as China, are slowing down, and this has a trickledown effect on emerging economies such as Zimbabwe, as demand for their raw material wanes.
- Political Economy Review: Looming SADC Public Debt Crisis
- Political Economy Review: South African Finance Minister Nene’s Resignation, Or Not
- Political Economy Review: South African Job Summit
- Political Economy Review: Basotho Opposition Pulls Out of SAPMIL
- Understanding the South African Stimulus Package